Who We Are
- We are a regional Non-Profit Association governed by volunteers from the local Data Management Industry and aligned with the DAMA International organization.
- Membership is open to any individual from the surrounding geographical area who is employed as a data management professional in academia, government, or private industry or who has a personal interest in data management.
- The primary goal of this Chapter is education about matters of data management. It accomplishes this by providing a forum for exchange of current information about data management practices among members and other interested parties and by being a resource to the larger community for the understanding and awareness of current data management technologies and methodologies.
- Specific objectives for are defined by the Chapter’s Board of Directors.
What We Do
- SWOC DAMA cooperates with other DAMA chapters and organizations to further the aims and objectives of DAMA International. For example, a reciprocal agreement with the Central Ohio Chapter(Buckeye) allows those members to attend our events without joining the SWOC, and vice-versa.
- Links to these organizations are found on the Associations Page. Information on training and associate events are also available.
- We may provide job postings for Data Management firms for Members and professionals interested in opportunities.